In 1939 the oak screen was installed to make the vestry, the open back benches were replaced with pews, repairs were done to the roof, the Trewirgie aisle (South transept) was renovated and the roof shields were installed.
Sometime between 1951 and 1952 electricity was installed in the church.
In 1955 the roof and vestry floor were repaired.
In 1956 it was agreed to sell the rectory.
It is believed that in this decade the second bell was removed.